Frequently Asked Questions
Looking for an answer? Our FAQs section likely has it covered, but, if you can’t find the answer you’re looking for, you can send us a message or give us a call and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
1. What is a Real Estate Cash Back Rebate?
A Cash Back Rebate program involves a Brokerage sharing a portion of the commission they earn for their services with their buyer client.
In our case, we’ll put it IN WRITING for you even before we start working to find your next home. You can rest assured that our Cash Back Rebate is backed by our Brokerage, not just an individual Sales Representative or Broker. Our Cash Back Rebate is available for resale, condos or new builds (if the builder is offering a buyer broker commission).
2. How does the Real Estate Cash Back Rebate work?
Normally, when a property is listed on the MLS system or elsewhere, they offer a ‘Co- operating/Buyer Brokerage Commission’ to the Realtor/Brokerage that is involved in negotiating a successful sale of the listed property. Therefore, when we act as a Buyer’s Representative in the purchase of the home, we earn the Co-operating/Buyer Brokerage Commission.
When we receive this Co-operating/Buyer Brokerage Commission, we provide a generous portion of this commission to our Buyer Client as a way of saying ‘Thank you for your business.’
3. How is the Real Estate Cash Back rebate calculated?
The amount of the Cash Back Rebate depends on two factors:
1. the price of the property purchased and
2. the Buyer Brokerage Commission rate being offered by the Listing Brokerage.
The higher the overall amount of the commission we earn, the higher the Cash Back Rebate we provide to our client.
Let’s take for example an $800,000 house offering 2.5% commission. The Cash Back Rebate would be calculated as follows:
Purchase Price x Commission Rate x 50% $800,000 x 2.5% = $20,000 x 50% = $10,000 Your Cash Back Rebate would be $10,000.
4. Will I have to sign a Real Estate Buyer Representation Agreement with you?
Yes, we cannot issue a Cash Back Rebate without one. Buyer Representation Agreements benefit home buyers in numerous ways. This short video produced by the Toronto Real Estate Board describes them in detail. You can also view a copy of a Buyer Representation Agreement (BRA), which contains easy to understand explanations of the various provisions listed within the agreement by clicking here. If you have any questions or concerns? Don't hesitate to contact us by text, email or phone. We’re an email, text or call away for any of your questions or concerns.
5. Are there any conditions or limitations?
- The Buyer must enter into an Exclusive Buyer Representation Agreement with BMC Casa Real Estate Inc.
- Buyer must purchase a home offering a minimum commission to the co-operating/buyer brokerage of $10,000 or equivalent percentage. If the commission is under $10,000, the Cash Back Rebate will not be 50%. It will be the amount over the first $5,000. If the total commission is $8,000, BMC Casa will receive $5,000 and the Buyer will receive $3,000.
- The Cash Back Rebate will be paid within 30 days of the closing after BMC Casa receives the commission from the Listing Brokerage.
- If HST is applicable on the purchase, the Cash Back Rebate is only applicable on the purchase price net of HST.
- The Cash Back Rebate can only be paid to the named Buyer(s) in the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
- Buyer Cash back Rebates are not valid with any other offer or promotion.
- If it is discovered Buyer was under contract with another Brokerage during the currency of the contract with BMC Casa Real Estate Ltd, the Buyer agrees to refund the Cash Back Rebate within 3 business days.
6. Are Real Estate Cash Back Rebates legal?
They certainly are and we take the utmost pride to conduct ourselves legally. The Real Estate and Business Brokers Act (REBBA 2002) allows real estate agents to rebate commissions to anyone that is a party to a trade in real estate. As a buyer of the property, you are a party to the real estate transaction and qualify for the Real Estate Cash Back Rebate.
7. Can attending open houses or asking the Listing Agent to show me homes affect my Real Estate Cash Back Rebate?
It certainly can if you don’t inform other real estate agents that you’re presently working with us as your agent/brokerage. It’s the reason why we must insist on having an Exclusive Buyer Representation Agreement in place BEFORE we start the home search process.
8. How long does it take to get my Real Estate rebate?
The Real Estate Cash Back Rebate will be available within 30 days of closing. Once we receive the commission from the Listing Brokerage, your Cash Back Rebate will be ready too.
9. Will I get a Real Estate Cash Back Rebate if I buy a new condo or new home?
As long as the builder is offering a commission over $5,000 to the Co-operating/Buyer Brokerage, then you will receive a Cash Back Rebate. But to qualify for the rebate, we need to accompany you to their sales center on your very FIRST visit to register as your agent. Click here for more details.
10. Will you take me to see homes?
Absolutely. We will look at as many properties as necessary until we find the one that is right for you.
11. If more than one person is buying the property, will we all receive a Cash Back Rebate?
No, only one rebate is given. The Cash Back Rebate will only be paid to the name(s) registered on the Agreement of Purchase and Sale.
12. If I buy and sell a home with you will I still be eligible for the Real Estate Cash Back Rebate?
Absolutely, and it will add to the significant savings you get when you sell your home with us due to the low listing commission package we offer.
13. I have already engaged a Real Estate Agent to assist me with finding a home. Can I switch to you so I can qualify for the Real Estate Cash Back Rebate?
If you’re presently under contract with a Real Estate Brokerage then you need to respect your agreement. Otherwise, if you’re not under contract, you have the right to work with any agent of your choosing. However, if the real estate agent you’re working with has already physically showed you the home you want to buy, you should continue working with them so they’ll earn the commission they rightly deserve.
14. Can I use my rebate as part of my down payment or closing costs?
No, the Cash Back Rebate is only paid after the closing so it can’t be used as a down payment. Once you receive the rebate, you can use the funds for whatever purpose you choose – mortgage payments, new appliances, replacing the roof to your new property, new furniture or even a vacation.
15. Can you help me get financed?
We certainly can. We can refer you to very experienced mortgage brokers who have access to over 50 different lenders who can secure the mortgage that best meets your needs. You will have access to interest rates the banks don’t want you to know are available saving you thousands of dollars. Credit can be made available in a variety of situations including:
- Bruised Credit
- New to Canada
- Basement rental income
- Cottage properties
- 2nd Mortgages
16. What does the $5,000 minimum mean for the Real Estate Cash Back Rebate?
If the total commission is under $10,000 then you will receive the commission after the $5,000 minimum is deducted. In most cases when a purchase price exceeds $400,000, the minimum does not apply.
17. If the commission is under $5,000, do I owe you money?
If this should happen then you are not expected to pay us any money at all. It just means that there won’t be a Cash Back Rebate.
18. Do I have to claim my Real Estate Cash Back Rebate as income on my taxes?
This is a question that we are not qualified to answer. You should bring this to the attention of your accountant or your tax preparer.
Let’s get started on the right path.
If you’re serious about buying a home, whether it’s next week or a year from now, working with us from the start is the best approach to take. Together we’ll follow these steps to get you to your goal of homeownership and doing so will guarantee that you’ll be eligible to receive a Real Estate Cash Back Rebate.
Ready to get started?
Contact us today at (905) 873-0123 or email@example.com so we can start the exciting adventure!
* 50% Buyer Cash Back Solution not valid with any other offer / or cannot be combined with any other sale, promotion, discount, code, coupon and/or offer. 50% Buyer Cash Back Solution package has no cash value. 50% Buyer Cash Back Solution Package cannot be sold or otherwise bartered. 50% Buyer Cash Back Solution Package only applies to the province of Ontario, Canada unless otherwise noted.